April 26, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday: Letter S

Sorry it's all sideways. We're not fully together over here today!!!

Yay! It's Muffin Tin Monday and I finally got myself organized enough after all of these speech therapy meetings and music group gatherings to participate again! I've been missing you, Muffin-Tin-Moms!!!

So Hunter's group speech works on a sound a week, and since he goes on Wednesdays and Fridays, I thought we'd pick that sound up and carry it on Monday through Wednesday to kind of sync up his home and speech life. So, we did a letter S sound muffin tin lunch today! Totally easy!

The /s/ in the initial position is a hard one for him, but he can do it with reminders and for rewards, so everything here has /s/to start with.

Spiral Noodles with Sauce
Salsa (yes, my boys eat it with a spoon and no chips. They're like little Salsa space aliens)
String cheese
Sliced apples
and salad.

My boys love salad and always ask for second helpings, but Hannah Jane hates it. What's odd is that she has been insisting for years now that she loves salad. Today was the kicker. I offered to let her opt out of salad in her tin, and she replied with her usual, "You know I love salad!" But then, as usual, she didn't touch it. In the past she has always blamed the dressing or the toppings and insisted that if it were just plain lettuce, she's love it. Well, today it was just plain lettuce and she still didn't even acknowledge its existence! I said, "Are you finally ready to admit that you don't like salad?" She nodded. "Why have you insisted that you like it for so long? I don't care if you like it or not. But I do think it's weird that you keep insisting that it's one of your favorites." I expected her to say something about how much I love that the boys eat salad or about how she's trying to be healthy in spite of her taste buds. But none of that came out. "I really don't know why I wanted to like salad so much. I tried and tried to like it, but I really just DON'T!" So funny!

So thanks to Muffin Tin Monday my kids got a balanced meal that made them pronounce their initial /s/ sounds and that finally got Hannah Jane to fess up to hating salad! What a lunch!

To check out what other moms are doing for Muffin Tin Mondays, check the link! You'll get some great ideas! I promise. And don't check it until Tuesday this week because I have just found out that Muffin Tin Monday has officially been postponed for a day because the the Muffin Tin Mom's son broke his elbow on Sunday and requires surgery. So say some healing prayers for the her son. Hopefully he'll be back to 100% really soon!
Muffin Tin Mom

2 comments:

  1. Super lunch even with salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm that way with foods, sometimes; I want so much to like them, but in the end, I just don't. Good for her on trying, though.

    ~ Yaya
    Yaya's Home

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with some comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© At Home with Momma Skyla. Powered by