December 8, 2010

Number Races!

Okay, so I broke my finger yesterday and typing is now a major drag.  So I'll keep it short and to the point.

I call this game number races, but I try to keep it as non-competitive as possible.  This is a favorite game of the boys' and mine for learning what the numerals look like.  I place the number cards I made with the Disney Cars on them all around the sunroom and dining room and then call out a number.  Then the boys run around trying to find it as fast as they can!  Again, it's less about getting there first and more about having fun getting there!







As you can see, there's a fair amount of celebration that goes on even from the person that got there last.  This is the only number related thing that Hunter ever begs to do and then he comes up with his own variations (however impractical they may be) for making the game last even longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me with some comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© At Home with Momma Skyla. Powered by