February 13, 2011

:(

Well, it's been quite a week.  I've been given strict instructions not to blog, facebook, or tweet any of the details of what I'm about to share, so let me be general.  Joe's office has been dissolved by the powers that be.  We're not quite sure what our next move is. but it's probably not as bad as it seems.  Well, maybe it is. 

I'm not quite sure how I feel about it all yet because the day after the termination meeting my doc said my coughing was because I've got pneumonia and I've been under the covers with my antibiotics ever since.  You might think I'd have lots of time to consider my own feelings while laying in bed for a full 48 hours, but I've mostly  been reading like mad through the Hunger Games trilogy, thankful to have the diversion.  That series is killer, by the way.  Literally.  Katniss Everdeen will take your mind off anything!

So we're going to try and proceed with normal day-to day life at home while we figure it all out.  After all, Hunter and Hannah Jane have science fair projects to polish, the boys have reading to do, and let's face it.  Those Middle Ages won't finish themselves off.  On second thought, maybe they did.  Anyway, we're not done with them yet.  Richard the Lion Heart and Saladin just compromised in battle as far as we know, so we must move on.  There's choir and band to teach.  Hopefully we'll be around long enough to perform the pieces we've been working on. 

So that's the news, friends.  Nothing particularly happy to report, but it is what it is.  I'm kind of excited about the prospect of a new adventure.  I like fresh starts like Mondays and New Years and Fast months, so this will be no different.  Plus, fast month is just around the corner, so I'll have a nice 19 day long distraction.  It's the waiting to find out what the new adventure will be that is so darn tough. 

1 comment:

Hit me with some comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© At Home with Momma Skyla. Powered by