September 14, 2011

Yo-Ho Me Hardies!

Shortest post ever, but guaranteed to brighten your day!

We're sitting in the van while Hunter is in speech and I'm teaching Haven the vowel-r blends like -er, -or, -ar, etc.  I tell him, "-ar says Arrrr like a pirate.  Got it?"  He nodded and said arrrr so I moved on.  Later, when I asked him to say each blend as I pointed down the column of blends, he said, " er, or, yo-ho," and went on as if nothing hysterical had happened.  Me?  I'm about to wet my pants I'm laughing so hard!

"Haven, what was the yo-ho for?" 

He didn't have time to answer.  Hannah Jane had figured it out.  "You told him -ar talks like a pirate, mom.  It makes sense."  He nodded proudly that he'd been so clever on his own. 

Apparently I'm raising a brood of pirates!  Happy Wednesday!




1 comment:

  1. Happy Wednesday! I'm sad, though :(

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with some comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© At Home with Momma Skyla. Powered by