October 1, 2012

Pumpkin Success!


Three cheers for the Christison Family!!!  Why?  We finally got carvable sized pumpkins from our very own garden.  Last year we waited until the end of October hoping for some growth, but got a gazillion tiny pumpkins, which we claimed were large enough to carve because quite frankly the game of pretend really took the sting out of our epic garden fail.  And the year before?  Yeah...I'm pretty sure it was a total zero the year before.  So we're doing quite well in 2012!  If I look in our neighbors' gardens, well, jealousy might creep in a little.  But we did fine.  Certainly nothing to be ashamed of.  Right?  These are grocery store quality pun'kins we got here.

Which reminds me of this one time - really, just a single time in a hotel room - we watched this show called the Marriage Ref (what were you expecting me to say?!?!  What's wrong with you?  This is a family blog!  Mom, stop it right this second.  Put down the phone.  Can we move on now?)  There was this guy on there who was obsessed with growing pumpkins and he said it like "Pun'kins!"  He was adorable but his wife was just so sick and tired of pumpkins, pumpkin seed catalogs, pumpkin dinner table talk.  I mean, I get it.  Too much of anything is a bad thing.  But the way he said the work pun'kin just made my heart smile.  I've looked all over the web for a clip from that episode, and I can only find one of Seinfeld singing a tribute to Jaime, the Pun'kin Man, which isn't nearly as adorable as the man, himself.  It was a funny show, but with no television, we only saw it that once.  But what a great episode to catch!  Anyway, Here's to you, Pun'kin Man!  May your season of glory be long and fruitful, and may we someday have your pun'kin growing luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me with some comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© At Home with Momma Skyla. Powered by