November 11, 2013

Kids Cook Monday : Granola


I got a note from the fine folks over at Kids Cook Monday asking if I  might get back on the bandwagon and get these kids cooking again.  And as it happens, our adventures in Waldorf education have pushed us towards having the kids make more of their own food and to eat in a more regular rhythm  So the Kids Cook Monday folks have perfect timing.  I told them that I just can't edit an entire video every week like I used to, but I can certainly contribute with pictures and food ideas!


I like to make as many of our snacks and breakfasts as I can ahead of time, and Hannah Jane helped out this week by making a fresh  batch of granola.  She is an excellent granola chef!

Recipe:
3 C rolled oats, 
1/2 C walnut and pecan bits
1/4 C brown sugar
1/3 C maple syrup
1/4 C veggie oil
1/8 C chia seeds
3 Tbsp ground flax seed

Stir it all up, spread it thin on a baking sheet and bake at 300 for 20 minutes, flip the granola and bake for another 20 minutes.  Let cool.  Store in an air tight container.  


This makes for an excellent breakfast cereal, yogurt topping, or afternoon snack.  Enjoy!

Check out other great kid oriented recipes from the Kids Cook Monday campaign here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me with some comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© At Home with Momma Skyla. Powered by